Thursday, June 22, 2017

Altenew June Inspiration Challenge

Hello again :)! 

I want to share this card I've made today with you. 
The inspiration picture at Altenew June Inspiration Challenge, which Debby Hughes is hosting, shows a beautiful bouquet. I tried to recreate the bouquet on my card. 


I started by making a watercolor background panel. I smooshed gray, pink, green and purple DIs on a piece of Canson watercolor paper and stamped the flowers from Extra Special stamp set in Memento black. I stamped it twice, once after masking the end part of the stamp and then the whole stamp again under the previously stamped image. I then colored the image with Altenew Artist markers and Copic markers. I then gold heat embossed the roses and leaves from Amazing you stamp set on some Mixed Media paper, watercolored it using Koi watercolor and fussy cut them all.
I foam mounted the colored background panel on a creme card base.
I toned down the background by adding a sheet of vellum with a torn edge on the right side and then arranged the roses on that. I glued the small rose flat and foam mounted the bigger ones. The sentiment is from Amazing you. I gold heat embossed it on a strip of black cardstock and added it on the left edge of the front panel along with a strip of gold glitter paper. To finish off I scattered some clear and iridescent sequins. 


It is not as beautiful as the bouquet in the picture. It was one of those projects which don't work as I planned. Hope you enjoyed it though! 


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a wonderful weekend!

TaeEun

4 comments:

  1. You have most certainly done a fantastic job of recreating that photo, TaeEun - very beautifully, too! There's that perfect slip of vellum, and I adore the torn edge.
    Gorgeous creation!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your two layers of pretty flowers TaeEun and the vellum in between the brighter under layer and the lighter coloured flowers over the top works well and I love the way you have placed the sentiment on the gold on black strip down the left side of the card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous take on Debby's card, TaeEun! I love how you created your background and your gold embossed roses are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, you eye for detail is amazing. Love this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!