Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Three floral cards

Hello !

Today I have three floral cards to share with you.


The first card is for Happy Little Stampers CASE the designer challenge. The designer for May is Melissa Lane. I love her artistic and beautiful creations. For us to CASE she made a stunning card with bold yet soft and detailed elements.

I was inspired by the black base, the layout, flowers in soft colors and butterfly.
The flowers on my card were drawn on computer and cut with my Cricut from a black CS. I used the negative panel. After I watercolored a piece of Mixed Media paper in pink and green, I mounted it flat on a black card base. I then mounted the flower panel which I cut in size using some foam tape. The butterfly from Stampendous was white heat embossed on a vellum. I added some pink touch on the back of it.
The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.

And here is Melissa's beautiful card.






My second card is for the Time Out Challenge #56 which closes today.
The theme of this challenge is CASEing Kay Miller. I really adore Kay's card (who dosen't?) and I wanted to participate in this challenge, but I didn't come up with an idea which I like. 
Yesterday I was staring at Kay's beautiful card again. Then this idea popped into my mind that I could change the sqaure frame into a flower. 

I started off by making a cutting file using my hibiscus sketch which I shared on a previous post. I cut the flower three times from a white CS and once from grey CS with my Cricut. I used the negative piece as a mask and blended red and pink Distress inks on the flower. I then stacked the flower cuts up onto the place. The splatters are dots made using silver Pico Embellisher. I added a vellum butterfly which I drew on computer and cut with Cricut. To finish off I scattered some sequins and applied Glossy Accents on the body of the butterfly. 

Here is the gorgeous card, Kay created for the Time Out Challenge.



I want to enter this card also into Addicted to Stamps and More #194: Clean and Simple.





On the last card for today I practiced a technique I learned from a crafty friend, SoonJu Lee. She is a very talented paper crafter and makes the most beautiful scrapbook pages. Lately she made some cards on which she colored the images using very thick white watercolor. I found them so beautiful and decided to give it a try. 
The bouquet in a vase is from Stampendous. I stamped it on a pattern paper using black pigment ink and colored it with white watercolor mixed with only a little water. I couldn't achieve the detailed look SoonJu made, but I like the result. 
The sentiment is from Avery Elle. 
I'm entering this card into SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge: Flowers


Thank you so much for coming! 
Have a wonderful day! 

23 comments:

  1. All your cards are just really beautiful. I love the use of colours and the white butterfly with the first card. The second card is so nicely done with the bold burst of colour and love the last one! You coloured the flowers so well and the shading is excellent

    ReplyDelete
  2. as usual 3 beautiful cards - hard to chose a favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are beautiful.. I love the watercolor technique.. I have white but it doesn't cover well.. I'll have to check out SoonJu Lee's page and see what she uses..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! SoonJu used a white watercolor which was made for poster making and more opaque. I used normal white color with almost no water. Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  4. 3 fantastic cards! I love the soft look of your CASE Kay card... The flower was a brilliant idea and this is a very original take. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazing cards!!! So beautiful and I like your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TaeEun you've given my day a most beautiful beginning! Love the true artistry you bring to card-making ... your friend has shared a lovely technique - thank you for sharing it with us! Your CASE of Kay? Phenomenal! I'm wishing that Hibiscus were a die - gorgeous!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made such beautiful cards, Tae Eun. Using the negative on the black card with watercolor behind was a fantastic idea. The hibiscus is gorgeous but that white on patterned paper took by breath away. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All three are really beautiful TaeEun and the first two such clever CASEings of the orignal very pretty cards and you are obviously very skilled with your Cricut to be able to design and cut using your own ideas. The third looks fabulous in that white painted finish and stands out really well against the brown background. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. TaeEun! Wow! What a beautiful CASE of my card. I'm so happy to see your card in the gallery. Beautiful and original. Love your style as always. Thanks for playing along at HLS CASE the Designer for May. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for playing along at ATSM with your incredibly beautiful 2nd card.

      Delete
  10. Wow TaeEun - what a wonderful collection of cards! They are each so beautiful but your CASE card is stunning. I love that gorgeous butterfly.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A trio of absolutely gorgeous cards, TaeEun! I love how you used the negative of your die on the first one, and that you created a Hibiscus flower on your CASE of Kay's card! Your white watercoloring on the last card is amazing! Such a lovely effect, and the texture on your card base is perfect! LOVE them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All 3 cards are gorgeous, but I like the hibiscus card the best -- a super great take on Kay's card! thank you for playing at TO :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous sets of cards,TaeEun.Love them all and stunning technique you combine...Thank you for joining us at ATSM these week...Željka DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a treat to see these three wonderful designs in one post! All lovely but your color on the CASE of Kay's card is amazing. So stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning array of cards!!! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats for getting HM at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  17. TaeEun!!! OH I couldn't be more happy to be in the HM gallery with you - what an honor!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  18. 이번달 챌린지 카드중에도 눈에 띄는 멋진 카드네요^^
    사실 저는 CASE 카드보고 살짝 멘붕 왔었거든요.
    계속 고민만 하다가 전혀 다르게 만들었는데, 태은님은 정말 멋지게 잘 만드셨어요^^

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your win at HLS CASE the Designer, TaeEun. It was a pleasure to have you CASE my card! I hope you'll continue to play along at HLS CASE. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!