Thursday, March 10, 2016

Spring Blessings

Hello and happy Thursday!!!

Today I have a spring-themed card to share with you and it is for the reminder post for the latest Time Out challenge where I'm guest designing.

The theme over at Time Out is
Easter and/or Spring with the optional technique twist of masking.

I used the masking technique to blend DIs for the background.



This darling girl blowing bubbles is an image from Penny Black. I stamped it with Antique Linen DI. I used Strathmore Bristol smooth paper because I wanted to color it using Zig brush pens and I think Zig brush pens can be blended very well on that paper. After coloring I added some highlights using white gel pen. I then blended some DIs for the spring scene. The sentiment from Penny Black was stamped in purple, blue and green with the help of Misti tool. For finishing touch I added some clear sequins.

This card was made during The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge by Kathy. At that time I posted the drawing on instagram for the challenge and it was featured on Kathy's It's All about You post on Day 21.

Time Out challenge blog is celebrating the 2nd Birthday. And there is also something to win.
I hope to see you join in the fun!


Thank you for visiting my blog and sharing some of your time! 
Have a great day! 



7 comments:

  1. She is adorable and your colouring superb. Thank you so much for being our GD, it is great to have you join us and inspire us x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet image Tae Eun and your colouring is beautiful. The background is so soft and pretty and doesn't detract from that fabulously coloured image. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at Time Out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the paper tip -I'll try it with my Zigs! I just ordered some smooth watercolor cardstock to try out with them... I think this one was Crafter's Companion, someone highly recommended it. What colors do you use for skin if I may ask? And did you also use a brush in addition to the pens? I'd love to see a tutorial! This image is super sweet and the way you colored her looks just so amazing. Thanks again for being our gd at TO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, TaeEun ... your colouring on this sweet little girl is simply stunning ... love how the shimmery sequins mimic the delicate bubbles she's blowing! Another wonderfully inspiring card as our Guest Designer at Time Out ... thank you so much! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you do this little girl before, TaeEun, and it's just as amazing the second time. I agree about the Zigs on Bristol board. Much easier to use that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!